Nov 15, 2009

The Holidays, The Business, The Family, Oh My! Tips on Juggling Your Life




As the owner of my own business and a mother of four, the holidays brings not only joy but well one more thing to juggle. Now I am by no means an expert, but I compiled a list, I've checked (most of) them twice and I'll share with you what helps keep my life nice.

First and most importantly organize, organize, organize!!!! Between sports practices, school events and the kids other activities, the calendar is my best friend. Actually I have two. One for the family activities and events and one for my business. It is important to keep them separate because it will get confusing...fast. Plus there just isn't enough space in those little boxes to write down everything you need to do! lol

Secondly and this is an extension of the first...make a daily schedule. Write down things you need or want to do for the day. This is good for both family and business. It helps keep things in check and keeps you productive.

Last but certainly not least......You Must Schedule "YOU TIME" everyday!!!! It doesn't matter if its 10 minutes or an hour, you need to take a break from it all and do something that is relaxing and mind clearing. For me, when it's nice outside, I take a cup of coffee and a good magazine and sit out on my deck. Other times I might just sit in my livingroom and catch a good thirty minute show on TV. Whatever it is that relaxes you, just do it, it is the key to staying sane through the holidays. Well that and doing all your holiday shopping online...like at Etsy!!!

That's all I have for now. If you have some tips on juggling the holidays, family and business I would love to hear them. Leave a comment!

3 comments:

  1. it IS very important to make a schedule for your business. It helps keep everything on track. Love that illustration! She looks so full of joy, doesn't she?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it made me laugh and I just had to use it! In reality we have more of a look of confusion than anything! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so right "You Time" is important, something I often neglect. Got to work on that one.

    ReplyDelete